WhatthebleepdoIknow?

Friday, December 16, 2005

Resignation

I am hereby tendering my resignation as General Manager Of The Universe, effective immediately. This action is long over due. I am not an effective manager, in fact most people did not even know I was the Manager. Decision making has never been one of my strong suits, so most of my duties consisted of incessant rethinking, rehashing, "if only"s (as in if only I had thought of, or done, or said that, or they would do this, or she could think of that, or he would only stop that, or they would just wake up), Second guessing, (I know, redundant!), constantly looking for clarity, and ever increasing amazement at people's choices. See, this is not a very fun job. There is no pay, no atta girl's, no vacations, no days off, no perks. Only one benefit. I was always right. (not very pretty, but there it is)

It's a wonder ANYONE would do this job. . . and YET. . . I know many others who are currently holding down this job in relative obscurity, toiling away, keeping the universe in balance so we don't go spinning off into some cold black hole. We all owe them a great debt of gratitude, and I will continue to applaud their stamina, but for myself, I QUIT!!!!! I am too old for this sort of thing. At 56, I'm pretty sure I am more than half way through my life. :) So I plan to spend the rest of it actually living it. That means when I begin to think about some past event or someone else's current situation, as I'm sure I still will, old habits die hard after all, I will remind myself that this is no longer my job. I have resigned. . . maybe retired is a better word. Yes, I have retired! Now I will endeavor to stay in the present moment in my own journey. Wish me luck in my new adventure. You'll have to take my word for this, but I really have earned it. A Course In Miracles poses the question "Would you rather be right or happy?". Well, I'm giving up right and choosing happy. EVERY TIME !!! I feel better already!

God loves you, and so do I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home