WhatthebleepdoIknow?

Sunday, June 18, 2006

I have created my world

Enough of that mourning thing. Sorry, I didn't mean to be gone so long.

ANYWAY. . ."I have created my world". This one may come out jumbled and not well thought out but here goes anyway. I had a gift certificate for a facial & massage at a salon in the Galleria area. As I sat waiting for my appointment I watched people come and go. They were all much better dressed than I and probably in a higher economic bracket than I. I watched my discomfort and realized I had created this world, a world where people are not equal. Some people are more "special" than others. Some are wealthier, some are smarter and/or better educated, some are prettier, some are more stable, some are more talented, some are kinder, some are more loving, some are better parents, some are better spouses/partners, some are more religous, some are more spiritual. Whatever the differences, I make judgements and assign value accordingly. Sometimes I put myself in the more catagory and sometimes in the less catagory, thus driving my emotional roller coaster.

This is not a very pretty world I have created, so I think I will trade it in for the world God created. I will release my judgements and illusions of seperation and remember we are all one. It may not be easy and it may not happen today, but it is closer everyday now. Every day I make a new decision. Every day I stay in the emotion of love instead of fear, I move closer to God's world. I have never felt better.

I realized many years ago that the trouble in the world was caused by our constant division of people into groups of "us and them". Whatever the grouping, the seperation is the problem, but I didn't have the means to go any further with it until I "really" began to study A Course In Miracles this year. What divisions do you make in your life? Which ones make you happy and which ones make you sad?

3 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Mama Beck said…

    The hardest judgements are those I have plaed on myself!

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Shooter said…

    Isn't that the truth Becky? I agree we all make the harshest judgements on ourselves, but we probably don't see half the judgements we make on other people. I do it sometimes to be funny, which is just wrong. I admire you for trying to live in God's world and not your own. I think He will too.

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Valeo Penitus said…

    Its true, the judgements we make on reality makes us see the world in a subjective context that is either good or evil from our own perspective. however, if you dont judge and simply accept the fact that everything has purpose and none is more vital to the "being" of reality then the other, it helps you understand and tolerate that which was not so clear before.
    Its like the old saying "You made your bed, now you have to lay in it." Its just a matter of how comfortable you happen to make it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home