WhatthebleepdoIknow?

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Up From The Abyss

Two years ago at Thanksgiving I felt myself going down into a depression that was very deep by Christmas. The last two years have been spent more or less processing grief that was not felt at the time of my father's death (taking time out for births and weddings of course). There are still bits and pieces to get done, but over all I can truly say, I am coming up out of the abyss. There are so many stories to tell, and possibly they will get told later, but for now I want to say "Thank you" to those of you who have helped me through this.

First, my daughter, who called almost EVERY day, always holding my lifeline in her very capable hands. I couldn't have asked for a better person to maintain my contact with the real world. Thank you, Darling, I appreciate you more than I can say.

AND my best friend Jane, who helped me get to the things I had buried so deep that I needed help to do the digging. I couldn't have done it without you. You are my rock. You are the best, and I am grateful to have you in my life.

And my whole family who have been going through this with me, like it or not. Thanks for the love and patience. It is appreciated.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Mother Stoogie said…

    I am proud to have you as my mother and to have you as a woman that can help show me the way. The life line goes both ways and I could not make it through with out having you holding mine. We are here togeher we two and that makes me feel so safe and sound. Remember that I love you and I am here with you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home