WhatthebleepdoIknow?

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Influence

Have you ever wondered what influence you have on other people?

Last month during the holidays I was lucky enough to have a young woman tell me that I had once had a large impact in her life and on who she is today. Let me say she is a lovely young woman, a wife and mother, and the thought that I could have had anything to do with it had never even occured to me. A year or so ago her younger brother had told my son something along the same lines, so let me explain. Some years ago their family was going through a difficult time, the kind most of us have at one time or another. I talked to the children, reassuring them and I took the brother for some ice cream (yes, as a Mom I still equate love and food). Anyway,( my point is and I do have one-Ellen DeGeneres) that I had totally forgotten what part I played in this scenario, but they hadn't. I was so grateful to be told what my small kindnesses meant to them. How often do we actually get that kind of feedback? How often do we give that kind of feedback? Do the people who have had a big impact on your life have any idea how important what they did or said was to you? If not, I urge you to tell them the next time you see them. It will mean a great deal to them. Trust me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home