WhatthebleepdoIknow?

Sunday, April 02, 2006

FINALLY!!!!!!!

We just got back from Austin. We went to a wonderful wedding. My best friend Jane's son got married to a wonderful young lady. They were so beautiful it almost made me cry just to look at them. And sooooo in love. I just couldn't be happier for them. So why the FINALLY? because in the last few years we have been to 3 funerals for the family. It was wonderful to see them all at a positive occasion when everyone was so happy. They have come through some hard years lately and this felt like coming out of the dark and into a glorious sunny day filled with love. The wedding itself was a wonder affair, very non traditional and very family oriented which was what the bride and groom were going for, I think. It was at a lovely old inn under huge live oak trees. The house has the old wrap-around porch on the front and one side with white columns. Imagine a white house with said porch, sitting on lovely grounds filled with trees. Oh my. I want to live there, I just don't want the maintaince and upkeep of such a place. Anyway, the wedding was all about family. The bride and grooms parents are all divorced, and I can't say too much about the bride's parents relationship because I don't know them, but they seemed quite friendly with each other and their respective partners. The groom's family has a wonderful relationship. Jane and David had two children and then divorced. They remained friends and co-parented their children in a wonderful way. Then David married Barbara and they have adopted two children. The way these people care about each other is a wonderful thing to see. Barbara & David's children call Jane "Nana Jane" and just adore their big brother and sister, and the big brother and sister dote on their young siblings. These 3 adults have created a family that would be the envy of anyone. It truly is amazing to see. I feel very blessed to have watched their journey from the sidelines. I have such admiration for all of them, parents and children alike. And best of all, the bride seems to be a perfect fit also. We had a great time at the wedding. Jim danced all night long. I danced until my feet hurt. The drive over was spectacular with the Spring greens everywhere and the wild flowers in bloom. The bluebonnets and pinks were gorgeous. A great weekend, hope your's was good too.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Mama Beck said…

    Which way did you go?? I am leaving tommorrow for Austin and I want to make sure the view is spectacular since the trip will be solo!!

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger FindingHeart said…

    hey, thanks for the comment on my blog. Your points were very valid. Hope to see you on there again. :)

    oh, and becky, go 290. Fewer cops and much nicer drive... at least if you start in N Houston. :)

    Have a great week!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home