WhatthebleepdoIknow?

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Happy Birthday, Mom

Today is my mother's birthday.
She would have been 81. She died in April, and this is the first year of my life without her on the planet with me. That dreaded year of firsts, first Thansgiving, first Christmas, first Birthday.
Her birthday is Feb. 10, mine is Feb. 13, and my sister's is Feb. 16, so we celebrated our birthdays together, especially for the last several years. Last year was her 80th and we were all there. It was our last good day together. I think she had other good days, but I wasn't there. I've had a difficult week. This morning I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. I looked at the clock and it was 2:22. Doreen Virtue, a woman who talks to the angels says when that happens it is often the angels. Is that you, Mom? Well. . .HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Sunday we are going to San Antonio to spend a few days with Carrol Ann and Bill to celebrate our birthdays. We'll miss you Mom, it won't be the same without you, but I know you'll be with us in spirit. I love you. I miss you. I think of you often, especially when I see anything pink. Tiff's baby is coming soon and I know you'll be there for that. You never missed a birth.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home